LA billboards giving out life lessons.
When it comes to finding our way out of pain and suffering, the first, most honest step is realizing that our lives do not change for the better, we do. Things don’t get easier, we become better equipped to deal with them. Experiences become less difficult once we stop fearing them, putting meaning to them and energy toward them. Challenges don’t stop cropping up, but we stop seeing them as things to get over and through, but rather, we begin to view them simply as re-directs, or matter-of-fact happenstance.
— Earl Nightingale
all i want (kodaline cover) || ellie goulding
flaws (acoustic) || bastille69510 listens
- Pastor: Now, according to a few passages in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.
- Couple of older males in the audience: Amen!
- Pastor: Now, wait, I'm not finished.
- Pastor: You know what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
- -uncomfortable silence-
- Pastor: There are countless passages that talk about how divorce is wrong, and that there are consequences to getting a divorce, such as the wife should be stoned.
- Pastor: Yet, I witnessed a divorce just this morning. And I gotta tell you, it was heartbreaking, but I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks at the wife, even though she was the one who filed for divorce.
- Pastor: We choose to overlook the consequences of divorce because time has proven that they're inhumane and cruel.
- Pastor: The bible doesn't say anything about the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle. Yet, we seem to be spearheading a campaign to ruin the lives of people we don't even know.
- -the pastor shifts a few notes around-
- Pastor: The bible states to love thy neighbor. That's it. There are no other rules or restrictions to that passage.
- Pastor: So, we as a church family have to support equality with a smile on our face. THAT is the true Christian way.
a #latergram from thursday night with @headandtheheart & @basiabulat. it was a magical experience, and will be remembered in my 👵+💖(😋) for a long time.